Board-certified specialists will double your referrals
Home Care Marketing...What would be the ideal 'opening dialogue' to have with a potential referral source like a physician or discharge planner? It should go something like this...
"Hi Dr. Smith. You have a lot of choices of who to use for a Home Health Agency. And there’s a few reasons why you should consider us first.
We have nurses who are board-certified specialists in your area of practice (diabetes, pain, cardiac, psychiatric, etc) …
Our specialists help patients achieve clinical outcomes in less time and less visits. I can show you how we recently helped one of your patients achieve outcomes and discharge with 20% fewer visits than the national average...
When you’re choosing a home health provider remember that more patients improve their clinical outcomes with our Agency than any other HHA in this area……when can I follow up?”
Employing board-certified clinical nurse specialists will double your referrals with both physicians and hospital discharge planners.
How to decide which specialty - identify opportunities
• Are you rural or urban
• Check what your competition is doing
• Identify local Physician and Acute Care Practices that are specializing – they’ll be your target referral sources
The Pros of getting Nurses Board-Certified
▫ A great recruitment and retention feature
▫ A way to reward loyal nurses
▫ You’ll double your referrals
▫ Time-consuming - Getting nurses board-certified will take 6-8 months.
▫ Not all nurses can do it
The nurse's process of preparing for the exam
• Go to http://www.nursecredentialing.org/ and select a specialty
• Plan on 6-8 month study preparation
• Prepare employment agreements, work schedule
• Purchase Course Book, Study Guides
• Join on-line Study Group
• If necessary take review course
•Home Health CNS
•Public\Community Health CNS
•Ambulatory Care Nursing
•Cardiac Rehabilitation Nursing
•Cardiac Vascular Nursing
•Case Management Nursing
•Community Health Nursing
•Diabetes Management - Advanced
•General Nursing Practice
•High-Risk Perinatal Nursing
•Home Health Nursing
•Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing
•Public Health Nurse - Advanced
Keep in mind...
• Cost $400-550 per exam, total cost to HHA $5-10K
• Professional practice development: minimum of 1,000 practice hours in certification role
• Renew every 5 years