OASIS-C1 Implementation Webinar on December 9, 10, 11 at 11:00am EST
On January 1, 2015 the home health industry will experience a major regulatory change with a new OASIS dataset called OASIS C-1. MyHomecareBiz will conduct a 30-45 minute online webinar to review the following critical changes:
1. OASIS-C1 IMPLEMENTATION
A modified version of OASIS-C1 (referred to as “OASIS-C1/ ICD-9 Version.”) has been created. In this version of OASIS-C1, the 5 items that use ICD-10 codes (i.e. - M1011, M1017, M1021, M1023, M1025) were removed and replaced with the corresponding items ICD-9 based items from OASIS-C (i.e. – M1010, M1016, M1020, M1022, M1024). The OASIS-C1/ ICD-9 Version...
underwent an “emergency” Paperwork Reduction Act review by OMB and was granted approval on October 10, 2014.
2. CONVERSION TO ASSESSMENT SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING (ASAP) SYSTEM
- Effective January 1, 2015, OASIS assessment data will be submitted to CMS via the national OASIS Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system.
- With the implementation of the OASIS ASAP system, Home Health Agencies will no longer submit OASIS assessment data to CMS via their state databases.
- In order to transition data from the state databases to ASAP, the OASIS submission system will shut down permanently at 6:00 p.m. ET on December 26, 2014. The OASIS ASAP system will be available at 12:00 a.m. ET on January 1, 2015.
3. PAYMENT GROUPER UPDATES
- An updated home health payment grouper has been provided to accommodate assessments submitted October 1, 2014 and later using OASIS-C and ICD-9-CM codes;
- An updated home health payment grouper will be provided to accommodate assessments submitted January 1, 2015 and later using OASIS-C1 and ICD-9-CM codes.
It’s critical that your agency is prepared for these changes this upcoming January. RSVP a spot in the upcoming webinar with the link below to ensure that all of your questions and concerns regarding these changes have been answered before they have been implemented.