Dysphagia is among the most common conditions in home health patients and poses a great risk for re-hospitalization. Teaching and guidance on the National Dyphagia Diet (NDD) Dysphagia Diet for patients with swallowing, feeding and eating difficulties should be included in your...
Preparing and serving food for optimum nutritional intake
- Serve 5-6 small meals rather than three large meals.
- Chop or cut the food into bite-size pieces.
- Serve the most nutritious foods first.
- Allow the patient enough time to chew and swallow each bite.
- If necessary for swallowing...